Honey is like sunshine in a jar. A sweet representation of the surrounding flora. And the health benefits are numerous. It’s great as a natural and healthy sweetener, and even helps to get rid of the hiccups!
Turmeric Tea Golden Milk:
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Pour into sauce pan and heat 3-5 minutes until hot.
How to eat honeycomb:
- Place a chunk of honeycomb over oatmeal, pancakes or waffles.
- Slather a baguette with Brie and top with chunks of honeycomb.
- Make a salad of arugula, grilled chicken and slivered almonds. Top with crumbled soft goat cheese and small chunks of honeycomb.
- Top a bowl of chili with a chunk of honeycomb and a blob of sour cream. The honeycomb will melt into the chili, working with the sour cream to tame the heat ever so slightly.
- Top slabs of angel food cake with whipped cream and chunks of honeycomb